Thursday, March 17, 2011

New Tactic

I have gotten like zero responses thus far on Match.com so I must have something wrong with my exiting profile. It isn't like it currently says anything out of the ordinary like "I take anti-depressants" or "I have 6 toothpastes in my stockpile" or "I have dabbled in witchcraft" (ok, that one is not true). I mean, aside from not running or golfing (like ALL men, apparently), it is pretty run of the mill "I am a nice person, looking for a nice person."

Sidenote: I have gotten a few "winks" from guys I am not interested in and one email from a guy who has long hair and is holding a guitar in his profile picture. He also asked for my phone number. Uh, we don't need to talk on the phone. I have also emailed several dudes and not gotten a response. Damnit, maybe I am a superficial bitch but why do I have to pick from long-haired, still clinging to the "my band will take off anytime now" men?! Why is online dating so demoralizing?!

SOOO... my dear college roommate suggested that I put my list of "reasons I would make an awesome wife/girlfriend" as my profile and I think I will! Hell, I cannot get less response!

Stay tuned for details!

2 comments:

  1. Beth, that's brilliant! Can't wait to hear what happens...and maybe it's time to donate some of your toothpaste stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could say each date comes with a tube of toothpaste!

    ReplyDelete