Thursday, August 30, 2012

Just checking in, still single!

 I went on one date a few weekends ago with a really hot, tall guy.  We had a good time watching the Tigers game and drinking beer... and the night ended with a (weird) closed mouth kiss (what is the point?!) but I knew I wasn't his type.  He likes working out everyday and I am just not there yet. 

Match this time around seems to suck more... and/or I have lost my zest for life in general.  A few "winners" are still on there from the last time I was a member... 8 months ago... and the rest seem to be illiterate or really into looking at themselves in the mirror.  Blech.  Why did I decide the 6 month plan was a good one (stupid discount!)?!  

Also, this guy emailed me with a lame "Hey, we were supposed to get together a few months ago (uh, 8 or so).  Things with work are less hectic, would love to hang out)"   I am sure you would, asshat!  I don't know what you do for work that would keep you from emailing/texting/calling me at any point the day of our date to say you weren't showing up OR in the time since then to apologize  Unless you are literally Christ himself or maybe President Obama, you aren't that busy at work. 

Maybe I should change my body type back to "About Average" from "A few extra pounds" (morbidly obese and disgusting was not an option)... I mean, the guys lie about their amount of hair or height so we would all be picking our battles. 

Anyway, I will be in Colorado Saturday-Thursday (the best part about having a real, corporate-type job is PTO!) so maybe I will meet my soul mate there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment