Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'm ready to drown my singleness in stuffing and gravy!

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! One thing I am thankful for this year is a new job with people, casual Fridays and an office with a window. Moving on up!

Now, for the "really important matters" ie. my dating (or lack thereof) life:

My friend Becky facilitated a meeting with a friend of theirs. Sometimes it's a match, sometimes it's a drunken hookup. I chose door number 2. oops.

In non-slutty news, I had been emailing back and forth with this guy on Match.com for a few weeks. He seemed pretty normal (even if his replies were one GIANT paragraph, I was trying to not be petty). We exchanged numbers, texted during the day, talked on the phone a few times, good and good. I mean, he seemed a bit flaky and a little conceited (I don't need to know your salary range... but maybe some girls do) We had plans to meet in Royal Oak last Wednesday. He called that afternoon to say a work meeting came up and was super apologetic and asked to reschedule to Sunday. Fine, works for me. We continue to text and all that jazz - "see you Sunday" blahblahblah.

So Sunday rolls around and he was supposed to be done with whatever brought him to my side of town by 2. I haven't heard anything so I text him around 1:30 with "Are we still on for today?" I proceed to take a shower, find something cutish to wear, straighten my hair and put on makeup. I NEVER GET A F'ING RESPONSE. Really?! Did you die?! I don't get it. And people wonder why I am pessimistic! This dating shit royally blows.

And finally, my dear friend told me that she gave my number to a coworker. Uh... seems like something you may want to run by me first but... I guess I have nothing to lose. Upsides that I have gathered: he doesn't live at home, he lives close to me, he likes beer and sports.

Ok, over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment