Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I could use a nap

I had my first ever Martin Luther King, Jr. Day off yesterday and it was awesome.  We thought about doing something, err, commemorative like going to the Charles H. Wright Museum but then laziness set in.  My big accomplishment of the day was turning in my cable box with a "corrupted hard drive" for a new one.  Now, I just need to remember the day and time of all the shows I DVR and reset them up.

D and I had another good weekend.  He brought me flowers... and I discovered that I own NO vases.  I mean, it just seems more loserish to have vases just sitting around when you haven't received flowers in 10 years.  I used a mason jar.  The possibilities for Mason Jars are truly astounding.  We also had Ethiopian food, which is intense and messy (and delicious).

Saturday we went downtown for a friend's 30th birthday booze fest.  I picked my outfit based on wanting to wear certain heels so we were overdressed but that is fine.  The plan was to pre-party in the hotel suite, dinner in the building, people mover to Greek Town.

Highlights:  Seeing the riverfront and Windsor from the 68th floor of the Ren Cen is badass.   It was 10 couples at the party and it was nice to be a part of one, for once!  Made some new friends. 

Lowlights:  I could have done with better food and drinks for $90 at Andiamo but, alas, it was a fun dinner.  I lost $20 in less than 5 minutes by thinking a nickel slot was a penny slot... and betting 40 lines.  FML. The strip club charges ladies to get in so the idea was nixed.  (why do I think a strip club would be fun, you ask?!  NO IDEA)

Hilarious-ights:
Scene: We are on the People Mover and it is packed due to the Auto Show, Wings Game and other downtown awesomeness.  We notice a small child sitting alone.  As most of us are horrible people, we figured there was a logical explanation and disregard (seriously, I lack a mothering gene).  Well, D decides that he should sit down and talk to said child to see if he can help in some way.  Here is the conversation:
D: "Hey little boy, are you riding alone?"   "err... little girl"
Child: "I'm 24, going on 25 asshole"
D (to the group):  "Holy shit, did you guys know that was a midget?!"  (we did not!)

Top 5 things I learned this weekend:
  1. Invest in ear plugs so both of us can sleep.  I mean, err, he sleeps on the couch. 
  2. He is allergic to cats... and didn't mention it.  That seems like something to mention when I have a cat who happens to LOVE sitting on your lap or sleeping on pillows.  I also have Claritan. 
  3. Someone who was a short order cook at Denny's can make a mean "Moons Over My Hammy" replica sandwich.  
  4. He wants to name a son after himself (carry on a family name).  I, politely, "labor trumped" that. 
  5. New eyeglasses are hot. 

Over and out. 


 


1 comment:

  1. OMG Beth- I seriously love your posts- you are too much! Miss you!

    M

    ReplyDelete