Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Flying Blind

As a sidenote, apparently some may not know what DTR means (from my previous post) but it stands for the "define the relationship" talk (not something dirty, CPD!).  And no, we have not had one yet. 

I met D three weeks ago last Friday and we have spent two full weekends together... and I am not ready to punch him.  This might turn into an actual, adult relationship! We have also jet packed past the point of trying to impress each other as evidenced by me wearing gym shorts, a giant old hoody and slipper boots all day on Sunday.  If you know me, you know I don't wear shorts! 

We went to dinner on Friday, slept in, had breakfast, napped, watched bad tv like Intervention and Hoarders, watched the Lions game, watched the entire first season of Spartucus on Netflix, did laundry... truly, laziest weekend ever.

Five things of note I discovered this weekend:
  1. Never play the "have you ever" question game sober.  Or maybe just never ask questions you don't want to know the answer to... it will only confirm how much of a fail your dating life has been.
  2. He can cook breakfast things really well.  That bodes well since eggs are one of my cooking weaknesses. 
  3. I am overly neurotic about squeezing the toothpaste tube at the top.  (If you squeeze from the middle, it takes that much longer the next time!)  Also, we need to work on this putting the toilet seat down thing. 
  4. If you are watching the Lions playoff game as the avenue for meeting someone's parents, it isn't so bad.  If you watch the Lions lose with a U of M fan, they will take it really hard.  They are not used to heartbreak like MSU fans are... 
  5. Apparently I have a very adult life because I have food in my fridge, kitchen gadgets and clean towels.  Win? 
So, anyway, I am just flying by the seat of my pants here.  He is on an out of town work assignment for the next 6-8 weeks so I have my weekdays to be productive and such.  

No comments:

Post a Comment